We apologize for the interruption. However, seabreezecomputers.com has been offering free tools and downloads for many years. Unfortunately, server expenses are now starting to exceed revenue earned. If you appreciate the free tools and downloads at seabreezcomputers.com please consider making a donation.
When you first start Chrome if there is a blank white screen or blank black screen then it could be because Chrome is trying to use "Hardware acceleration" and it does not work on some computers. This can happen if you have installed Chrome for the first time or there has been an update. Follow these steps and see if it fixes the problem. It is a popular solution and works on most Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers. What we will try to do is disable "Hardware acceleration" in the browser settings. But we can't do it directly in Chrome because even the settings screen is blank. Therefore, we have a workaround to try:
1. Click on Start and type in chrome
2. Right click on Google Chrome and then click on Open file location
3. In the folder that opens right click on chrome.exe or chrome and then click on Properties
4. Click on the Compatibility tab
5. Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
6. Select Windows Vista and then click OK
7. Now start Chrome again by double clicking the icon for Chrome and see if it displays properly
8. In Chrome click on the menu button with the 3 dots in the upper right corner
9. Click on Settings
10. On the Settings menu click on Advanced and then click on System
11. Click on Use hardware acceleration when available so that it is turned off
12. Now close Chrome and we will set Chrome to not run in compatibility mode anymore by repeating the first 4 steps but unchecking the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
13. Click on Start and type in chrome
14. Right click on Google Chrome and then click on Open file location
15. In the folder that opens right click on chrome.exe or chrome and then click on Properties
16. Click on the Compatibility tab
17. Uncheck the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
18. Now start Chrome again and see if it runs normally
Hopefully these steps fixed the problem. If so, then you should now be able to run Chrome normally from the icon.
Last updated on March 18, 2020
Speech Recognition Anywhere
Reconocimiento de voz en cualquier lugar
Reconnaissance de la parole
Riconoscimento vocale ovunque